8.05.2013

Jello Frosting

So I know when I post fun happy recipes I usually post pictures. This time I kinda forgot in my excitement of trying out something new.  I found how to make a wonderful jello frosting!!  I came across this marvel of modern moderness when I found myself with a baked lemon cake and no frosting in my house.  Seriously?!  I cook a lot and try to keep something on hand but I had no powdered sugar or anything, or so I thought!  I found a package of lemon jello. What to do with it though?  I can do pudding and such for frosting but never just regular gel like jello.  I searched online and found one that seemed to look good and would work! (Thanks cook.com)  I was going to pin it to my pinterest board but it wouldn't let me so I will share it this way!! YAY!!!! Its super easy and I will be using it again on my next cake!!

Jello Frosting

1 egg white
2/3 C. white sugar
1 pkg. Jello (any flavor or color will work!)
1 tsp. vanilla
1/2 C. boiling water

Mix together egg white, sugar, Jello & vanilla.

Mix in boiling water

Beat on high speek until stiff peaks form.  It took me a little over 5 minutes of beatin'.

hope you enjoy!!!

08/06/13- So it kinda turns runny the next day!  I would recommend keeping it in the bowl like cool whip and using it as a dollop instead of a straight cake frosting.  Keep a lid on it and keep it cool. may have to rewhip each time you use it but it only takes a minute.  Will be good for up to 3 weeks.  I will do it this way next time!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Giant eagle sells packets of "whip it" I believe it's called. The. Packets are very affordable and when added to any type of a home whipped icing it helps maintain the form of the icing. It is located in the isle with the foreign foods. Also another thing you might try is adding some cream of tartar.