3.14.2013

keep on keepin on.

It has been a while since I did my last blog.  I kind of fell off the weightloss wagon much to my chagrin.  My motivation last time was small and insignificant compared to the fire burning in my belly now!! (or is it indigestion?)  I started on the new or continuation of this lifestyle/weightloss/crazy journey about a month ago. This time I wanted to make sure or at least try it before I started blogging about it again.  I am now going to the gym 3-4 days a week. I cut back my portions, and calorie intake.  I am drinking skim milk and have cut out soda (after a looong weaning process so I wouldn't get the headaches).  Adding apples, and veg to meals is another part of the plan.
  I didn't weigh myself when I started because I was afraid I would see the dreaded number on the scale and be afraid and overwhelmed with the journey and not continue.  Its so easy to hide in my hole and tune out everything, even my health. 
   Honestly I don't know what my trigger to do it now was. Maybe it was, when I looked in the mirror I hated what I saw.  Maybe it was getting winded walking up a flight of stairs, or not being able to sit comfortably in a chair at the movie theatre.  More than likely it was a combination of everything.
   I always thought that if I was happy with my life I would be happy with my weight.  I have a fantastic boyfriend who loves me no matter what.  I am going to school to (hopefully) start a career in a profession I think I will be good at, I have great friends and a wonderful family.  I still felt as if I was being judged by my weight.  I realized though that a lot of that judgement I put on myself. So now I am changing it.  If you don't like something change it, right?
  Here I am a month later, still on target.  When I weighed myself on Tuesday I was 265lbs.  Like I said earlier I did not weigh at the beginning but I am guessing I was about 275lbs. 
 
I am going on this journey again, please give support and follow along or share your stories of your journey and what inspires you!!! 



 

No comments: