9.21.2012

Broccoli rice and cheeeeesiness mmmmm

I have been craving this for a while. This is not a super healthy recipe, but a few changes made it okay. There are a lot of variations of this recipe. Mine is a little different, because I just used what I had in the house.
  You know how it goes, you want to make something good but don't really want to leave the house (and put actual clothes back on) to run to the grocery store and get something.  I was lucky enough to have all the basics and it actually turned out very good.  A note on this recipe, it doesn't make a lot so if you have more than 2 people you may want to double it up!

1 can cream of mushroom condensed soup (I had the healthy heart kind)
1 bag steamers broccoli (steam it up baby, no really go ahead and cook it)
1 pouch Uncle Bens Chicken flavored rice (cook it out too)
1/4 cup milk
1 cup parmesan cheese

Preheat the oven to 350 (chewy says so!)


Basically you just go ahead and put it all in a bowl and mix it up.  Cook the rice and steam the broccoli in the microwave before you mix it though. 
Put the mixed up mixture in an oven safe dish.  Just to prove that I am a true a Nebraskan I crushed up some ritz and put it on the top (that way you know its a fancified casserole) and baked for 30 minutes so it gets all gooooey mm.
If you make it let me know if you like it!!!

No comments: